RSS FEED

Man In The Mirror

June 29- It's been four days since the first anniversary of Michael's death, and it's still hard to digest. It was on the early morning of June 26, last year when i'd received the news anyone didn't see coming. My sister texted me about it, and i just couldn't believe it. My first reaction was that she is playing some sort of sick joke, and to confirm that i ran down to turn on my telly, but what i saw was just your ordinary news. I continued flipping through the channels, but there was absolutely nothing about Michael. I turned on the radio next...this would confirm it, i mean surely if the folks at the radio didn't play Michael's songs then my sis will be facing my wrath.

"You Are Not Alone" was the song played on the radio, and it shook me. My belief was still strong still, thinking it's just a coincidence since the station was LiteFM. It was true after all, when they announced that Michael Jackson had passed away. Daze was the feeling at that moment, and when "Man In The Mirror" played, i broke down. It was the worst feeling i have ever felt in my 20 years as a human being.

There's not enough words to say about Michael, and the world has lost the most prized jewel on it's crown. What made him special is he's not just a musician, he was more of a humanitarian. Tell me now, who's out there that has a heart of a gold like this man? He has touched the hearts of many around the world, heck even in war-torn nations, Michael's music is appreciated.

You'll never be erased in my memories Michael, may your soul rest in peace, away from those who tormented your soul.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top